You are invited to attend to the 2020 Maternal and Infant Microbiome Symposium (MIMoS) that will take place on April 16, 2020 at the University of Illinois at Chicago in the College of Medicine West Tower (CMWT), Room 106.
Now in its third year, this symposium will unite Midwest-area researchers and clinicians interested in reproductive and maternal-child health and the microbiome. The one-day event will feature:
- Talks by leaders in microbial research, including Irina Buhimschi, MD (UIC), Erika Claud, MD (UChicago), Mehreen Arshad (Northwestern University)
- Keynote by Jack Gilbert, PhD (University of California San Diego)
- Introduction to Human Microbiome research (Microbiome 101)
- Short talks from graduate students and postdoctoral fellows
- Scientific poster session
- Opportunities for inter-institution research and data sharing collaborations
You're invited to submit your abstract to the Maternal and Infant Microbiome Symposium (MIMoS)! We welcome abstracts from all fields relating to maternal-infant health and the microbiome, from clinical research to experimental and computational microbial ecology. A key goal of the symposium is to bring together diverse interests to spark interdisciplinary collaborations, so if you are not yet working in the human microbiome arena but would like to get involved, this is your opportunity to present your work as a talk or poster to experts from different fields.
Friday, April 16, 2020 from 8am-7pm in CMWT, Room 106
More information about this event can be found on the MIMOS page or contact email@example.com.